1 cup grated coconut
1/4 to 1/2 cup lightly pan roasted peanuts 🥜
1inch piece ginger
3 medium dry red chilly
1-2tbsp oil (coconut)
1tbsp mustard seeds
1tsp urad dal (optional)
1 stem curry leaves 🍃 (optional)
4 sliced shallots
2 dry red chilly broken into half
Grind together ingredients A
Sauté ingredients B and add to the made paste (A)
* the tempering part can be skipped if you want. I like it that way though. Hence attached both pictures
Steamed Rice cakes with spicy egg curry.
Easy and quick steamed rice cakes
1 cup of roasted (lightly) rice flour
1.5 cups of hot water
Salt to taste
Oil (to grease and knead)
I used coconut oil.
1. Boil water and add 1tbsp oil
2. Add the roasted flour with about 1tsp salt
3. Mix thoroughly and turn off flame.
4. Keep the mixture tightly covered for about 15 min.
5. Stir well adding 1tbsp oil gradually
6. Heat water in a steamer and place the flattened rice cakes(cookie cutters can be used for different shapes). Garnish with a grated coconut. Cover and steam for 10 minutes on medium flame.
Serve hot with fresh sweetens coconut milk or any curry of your choice.
- It’s important to mix in hot water.
- Keep hands moist while mixing the dough using preferably coconut oil.
- Always keep covered till served.