Hi all. Today I suddenly craved for gizzard masala. We rarely have organ meat. And its either gizzard or liver that i prefer. I like it for its crunch and i choose to add capsicum in the dish to add to the crunchiness. This is a new recipe I experimented today and it’s yummy so sharing it immediately.
Happy cooking 🥘
Gizzard (chicken) 500gm cleaned well and drained
Onions 2 small – chopped
Tomatoe – 1 medium big – chopped
Soy sauce – about 2 tbsp
Green chilly sauce (medium spicy) – 1tbsp (adjust to taste)
Green pepper / capsicum-1 diced
Spring onions- 2 springs
For the marinade-
Garam masala/all spice mix – 1/4 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
1. Mix the cleaned and drained gizzard with the marinade and a pinch of salt for 10 minutes
2. In a pan heat oil and add onions, when color begins to change to light brown add the chopped tomatoe. Add a pinch of salt. Wait till it mixes in well.
3. Add the green chilly sauce. Saute for 2 minutes
4. Add the marinated mixture to it with soy sauce and chopped spring onions (white portion and a few greens). Stir in and keep covered and cook with half glass hot water for 10-15min.
5. Ensure the gizzards are cooked yet crunchy. Open and keep on medium high heat till the gravy gets coated and thick.
6. Add the remaining spring greens and capsicum. Stir for a minute. Turn off the flame and keep covered for a while.