1 heaped cup of mixed lentils
Pinch of hing
Half tsp turmeric powder
1 heap tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 heap spoon cumin seed
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2-1 tsp Chilly powder
1/4 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1 medium big onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
Pressure cook the lentils with a pinch of hing, turmeric powder. I kept it for 3 whistles. Once the pressure is out, open and stir well. Keep aside
In another pan, sauté mustard seeds and add cumin seeds after a few seconds else the cumin seeds may burn. Add dried red chillies. To it chopped onions. Add remaining turmeric powder. After a couple of minutes add the ginger garlic paste. Once it turns light brown, add a chopped 🍅 Add salt for the tomatoe to cook. After about 3 minutes add chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. Cook on medium low for about 5 more minutes till the mixture is cooked and well coated.
Add salt then add this to the lentils and pressure cook it for 2 more whistles.
Open and cook on medium for 5-10 minutes for a thick consistency.
Garnish with coriander leaves 🍃
#beetroot #quickie #homecooking #3ingredients #simpleogue #vegetarian
2 medium size onions
1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
3 medium spicy 🌶 green chilly
Oil and salt
Heat deep bottomed pan. Add oil about 1tbsp and splutter mustard seeds. Add the green chilies 🌶 and onions. Sauté till light brown. Add in the beets with salt. Add about 50ml water. (Beets release its water 💦) Cover and cook. Once it’s cooked, open and cook on med high flame adding about 1tbsp more oil and mixing in between.
* I used coconut oil
* adding a handful of curry leaves after mustard seeds will add flavor
Steamed Rice cakes with spicy egg curry.
Easy and quick steamed rice cakes
1 cup of roasted (lightly) rice flour
1.5 cups of hot water
Salt to taste
Oil (to grease and knead)
I used coconut oil.
1. Boil water and add 1tbsp oil
2. Add the roasted flour with about 1tsp salt
3. Mix thoroughly and turn off flame.
4. Keep the mixture tightly covered for about 15 min.
5. Stir well adding 1tbsp oil gradually
6. Heat water in a steamer and place the flattened rice cakes(cookie cutters can be used for different shapes). Garnish with a grated coconut. Cover and steam for 10 minutes on medium flame.
Serve hot with fresh sweetens coconut milk or any curry of your choice.
- It’s important to mix in hot water.
- Keep hands moist while mixing the dough using preferably coconut oil.
- Always keep covered till served.
Weekend pancakes with a drizzle of honey… (i didn’t have maple syrup )
My toppings – handcrushed walnuts; preserved mixed berries and caramelised pears (you want them shiny yet semi-sweet)