Hi all. Today I suddenly craved for gizzard masala. We rarely have organ meat. And its either gizzard or liver that i prefer. I like it for its crunch and i choose to add capsicum in the dish to add to the crunchiness. This is a new recipe I experimented today and it’s yummy so sharing it immediately.
Happy cooking 🥘
Gizzard (chicken) 500gm cleaned well and drained
Onions 2 small – chopped
Tomatoe – 1 medium big – chopped
Soy sauce – about 2 tbsp
Green chilly sauce (medium spicy) – 1tbsp (adjust to taste)
Green pepper / capsicum-1 diced
Spring onions- 2 springs
For the marinade-
Garam masala/all spice mix – 1/4 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
1. Mix the cleaned and drained gizzard with the marinade and a pinch of salt for 10 minutes
2. In a pan heat oil and add onions, when color begins to change to light brown add the chopped tomatoe. Add a pinch of salt. Wait till it mixes in well.
3. Add the green chilly sauce. Saute for 2 minutes
4. Add the marinated mixture to it with soy sauce and chopped spring onions (white portion and a few greens). Stir in and keep covered and cook with half glass hot water for 10-15min.
5. Ensure the gizzards are cooked yet crunchy. Open and keep on medium high heat till the gravy gets coated and thick.
6. Add the remaining spring greens and capsicum. Stir for a minute. Turn off the flame and keep covered for a while.
1 heaped cup of mixed lentils
Pinch of hing
Half tsp turmeric powder
1 heap tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 heap spoon cumin seed
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2-1 tsp Chilly powder
1/4 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1 medium big onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
Pressure cook the lentils with a pinch of hing, turmeric powder. I kept it for 3 whistles. Once the pressure is out, open and stir well. Keep aside
In another pan, sauté mustard seeds and add cumin seeds after a few seconds else the cumin seeds may burn. Add dried red chillies. To it chopped onions. Add remaining turmeric powder. After a couple of minutes add the ginger garlic paste. Once it turns light brown, add a chopped 🍅 Add salt for the tomatoe to cook. After about 3 minutes add chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. Cook on medium low for about 5 more minutes till the mixture is cooked and well coated.
Add salt then add this to the lentils and pressure cook it for 2 more whistles.
Open and cook on medium for 5-10 minutes for a thick consistency.
Garnish with coriander leaves 🍃
1 cup grated coconut
1/4 to 1/2 cup lightly pan roasted peanuts 🥜
1inch piece ginger
3 medium dry red chilly
1-2tbsp oil (coconut)
1tbsp mustard seeds
1tsp urad dal (optional)
1 stem curry leaves 🍃 (optional)
4 sliced shallots
2 dry red chilly broken into half
Grind together ingredients A
Sauté ingredients B and add to the made paste (A)
* the tempering part can be skipped if you want. I like it that way though. Hence attached both pictures
#beetroot #quickie #homecooking #3ingredients #simpleogue #vegetarian
2 medium size onions
1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
3 medium spicy 🌶 green chilly
Oil and salt
Heat deep bottomed pan. Add oil about 1tbsp and splutter mustard seeds. Add the green chilies 🌶 and onions. Sauté till light brown. Add in the beets with salt. Add about 50ml water. (Beets release its water 💦) Cover and cook. Once it’s cooked, open and cook on med high flame adding about 1tbsp more oil and mixing in between.
* I used coconut oil
* adding a handful of curry leaves after mustard seeds will add flavor
Steamed Rice cakes with spicy egg curry.
Easy and quick steamed rice cakes
1 cup of roasted (lightly) rice flour
1.5 cups of hot water
Salt to taste
Oil (to grease and knead)
I used coconut oil.
1. Boil water and add 1tbsp oil
2. Add the roasted flour with about 1tsp salt
3. Mix thoroughly and turn off flame.
4. Keep the mixture tightly covered for about 15 min.
5. Stir well adding 1tbsp oil gradually
6. Heat water in a steamer and place the flattened rice cakes(cookie cutters can be used for different shapes). Garnish with a grated coconut. Cover and steam for 10 minutes on medium flame.
Serve hot with fresh sweetens coconut milk or any curry of your choice.
- It’s important to mix in hot water.
- Keep hands moist while mixing the dough using preferably coconut oil.
- Always keep covered till served.
Sauted onions with a handful of curry leaves,a few green chillies and a spoon of freshly grated coconut.
#indiancooking #quick #sidedish